Permanent | Full Time
We are looking for a driven individual to join us as QC Analyst II - Microbiology.
RoslinCT is a world-leading contract manufacturing and development organisation specialising in the field of cell therapies, advanced therapeutic medicinal products and regenerative medicine across a range of therapeutic targets.
As part of our continued growth, which includes the opening of our state-of-the-art BioCube facility, we are now recruiting across all of our teams including this one. This role is well suited to an individual that is looking to further develop their existing skills in GMP microbiology, including environmental monitoring and incident investigations.
You will be a key member of our QC Microbiology team, carrying out QC Microbiology activities in relation to our cell and gene therapy development and manufacturing operations in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice. The ideal candidate will hold experience in GMP microbiology with a particular emphasis on environmental monitoring.
At RoslinCT, we are dedicated to delivering life-changing and cutting-edge therapeutic products to patients. As such, your responsibilities in this position will be varied and will include;
* Performing a range of QC Microbiology activities in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice.
* Supporting the environmental monitoring programme in the Manufacturing facility, including sampling, microbiology assays and trending of Environmental Monitoring data.
* Completion of quality documentation including QC records, change controls, incidents/deviations and risk assessments in accordance with GMP and standard operating procedures.
* Writing of assay qualification documentation and performing of routing QC testing of cellular therapies and cell banks.
* Performing qualification of QC assays.
* Co-ordination of QC testing with external companies.
* Writing and updating of SOPs, and compiling QC reports and certificates of analysis. Qualification of QC equipment.
* Sourcing and establishment of in-house QC assays.
* Training of team members (QC Analyst Is and Technicians).
* Supporting the compilation of information used to communicate with clients, and communication of procedures and results with clients.
You will hold a BSc in a Life Science subject (or equivalent relevant laboratory experience).
Skills and Experience:
You will be able to demonstrate;
* An applied knowledge of microbiology gained from working within a GMP laboratory.
* Experience in environmental monitoring and incident investigations within the context of QC Microbiology would be advantageous.
In addition to a competitive salary and the opportunity to join an exciting, rapidly expanding company delivering life-changing therapies, we can offer:
* Company Pension: RoslinCT will contribute 5% for the first year of joining the scheme with an increase of 1% per year until a maximum of 8% is reached, with a 3% Employee contribution.
* Life Insurance: Access to RoslinCT’s Group Life Cover at 3x Salary.
* Wellness Programmes: Access to RoslinCT’s Health4All Cash Plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
* Competitive Annual Leave Allowance: 31 days, plus 4 Public Holidays across Christmas, with an extra day from 3 years’ service and a further day from 5 years’ service.
* Company Events: Our Social Committee works hard to bring fun company events to all our staff.
* Casual Dress: dress down Fridays.
A key part of working at RoslinCT is being able to embody our company values, which are integral to the work we do here. As such, you should be able to demonstrate:
* Passion for customer satisfaction
* Ability to support a ‘one team’ approach
* Great communication
* Commitment to personal growth and development
* Accountability for your work
We are based at Edinburgh BioQuarter, which acts as a hub for Scottish Life Science with close links to the University and the Royal Infirmary.