£20.50 per hour
Temporary | Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly organised person to join our multi-disciplinary Leaseholder Services collections team. This is an exciting role within housing management, where you will be the first point of contact for complex enquiries from leaseholders. The successful candidate will investigate and respond to questions regarding annual service charges and major works. The purpose of this role is to maximise the council’s income through effective monitoring and management of approximately 1000 leasehold service charge accounts.
- To be the first point of contact for leaseholders and to investigate and respond to complex queries regarding annual service charges and major works
- To maximise the council’s income through effective monitoring and management of approximately 1000 leasehold service charge accounts.
- To be a point of contact for queries and advice, externally & internally, concerning leases, leasehold management and the liability of lessees and applicants to contribute to Council expenditure.
- To calculate and process service charge reductions in accordance with legislation, policy and decisions of the Courts and First Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber).
- To perform the Council’s credit control function in respect of residential leasehold service charge debt and related amounts.
- To investigate and respond to leaseholders’ queries regarding service charges and their service charge accounts.
- Previous experience as a Leasehold Officer for a previous Housing Association or Council
To be considered for this post the successful candidate will be an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) and possess excellent customer service skills. You will be able to liaise with multiple stakeholders such as leaseholders, freeholders, Members of Parliament, Councillors, solicitors, external agencies; and across various teams and departments within the Council. Therefore, it is essential that you are a confident communicator in all mediums and varying levels of seniority. The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand and interpret financial data, demonstrate strong attention to detail and have a keen analytical approach to your workload. You will also be able to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines, particularly when faced with changing circumstances.
- Initial 3 to 6 month contract with the opportunity to extend
- PAYE via Umbrella
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Hybrid Posiiton, it will be mostly home based but you wilkl be required to come into the office on occasion.
If you are interested in this position, APPLY NOW!