£13,000 - £13,000 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
DP Systems started life as an IT Support only provider, but has expanded its forte to cover IT, Business Technology, Audio Visual and Telephone Systems suited to the Small Medium Enterprise. This growth is a result of passionate leadership and the hard work of what is now 12 devoted IT professionals - with skills encompassing Microsoft, Apple, Avaya, Citrix, VMWare, Sonicwall, HP, Cisco, BlackBerry and more.
The successful candidate will complete a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship.
Main objectives and responsibilities:
* To work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied customer base
* To build, configure and install computers/laptops & peripherals including tablet/mobile devices as required
* To administer active directory, office365 and various antivirus console systems
* To monitor, configure internet routers and firewalls
* Liaise with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact
* Ticketing, Monitoring and tracking Incidents, Requests or Problems, escalating where necessary to 2nd line and 3rd line
* Maintain a professional and discipline within the team and practice by adopting procedures
* Provide clear, professional customer service & support to customers on the phone and remotely
* Manage supplier and customer deliveries via couriers
* Maintain in house stock room, deliveries, stock control
* Maintain in house workshop, keeping place tidy, organised and efficient
* An avid and detailed interest in IT and computing from school or college
* Hands on experience with Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10, Windows Server (ideally)
* Hands on experience in both using and installing Microsoft Office and other programs
* Active Directory, Local Users and Profiles
* Understanding of how to use a Windows computer; copying, pasting, installing programs and configuration of devices such as printers, scanners, cameras
* Understanding of TCP/IP networking, routers and IP switches
* Hands on experience of Android, IOS type devices (Apple, Samsung etc.)
* Good experience with Chrome, Internet Explorer web browsers
* Ability to install/upgrade components in desktop/laptops; knowledge of hard drives, memory, processors and graphics cards
* Highly motivated, flexible and committed attitude toward service delivery
* Drive, energy and initiative
* Wiliness to learn and develop your technology skills
* Ability to speak clearly, confidently and communicate on the telephone
* Punctual, presentable, smart & confident
* Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to
* Ability to liaise with colleagues when appropriate
* Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with third parties
* Ability to construct effective written communications, including letters and reports and emails
* Willing to step up and work to the ethos of the company, representing the company
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
9am to 6pm / 40hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.