£15,000 - £15,000 Per Annum
Permanent | Full Time
Penguin Random House is the international home to nearly 250 editorially and creatively independent publishing imprints. Together, their mission is to foster a universal passion for reading, by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, inspire, and connect them with readers everywhere.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual who has a massive passion for IT to work for their well-known publishing group, based in London.
Main role and key responsibilities:
* To provide on-going support for all end user services, including desktops, laptops, MACs, printers and associated servers
* Provide Audio Visual assistance for meetings, include audio and video conferencing.
* Assist in the management of spare and loan equipment
* Respond to incidents and service requests in a timely manner, in accordance with SLA targets
* Liaise with third party companies who are contracted to provide services to business
* Maintenance and management for EUC key servers including file, print, SCCM and Casper
* Install and support telephony services including mobile device configuration
* Respond and act upon system alerts as appropriate
* Maintain a proactive approach to operational and service issues with a focus on prevention rather than fix
* To collaboratively work with the PRH Service Desk and ensure they receive regular communications and knowledge articles to help with first time fixes
* Work closely with other Technology teams to ensure incidents are resolved and root causes are addressed
* Collaborate with all EUC technology team members in order to deliver consistent service delivery across all UK locations
* Responsible for the review and publication of the EUC Technology Service documentation – ensuring that central support documentation is developed, maintained and used appropriately
* To offer appropriate user education on an individual basis as required
Desired skills and qualities:
* Excellent written and spoken skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff
* Able to display empathy, patience and understanding when dealing with customers
* Represent the technology team by always presenting a professional image when dealing with end users, third party clients, outside contractors and inter-department personnel
* Demonstrate a pragmatic, pro-active approach to identifying issues and resolving incidents / requests
* Willingness to work from other UK locations
* Commitment to the highest standards of customer service
* Able to follow policies and standards, suggesting improvements where appropriate
* Take an active interest in the activities of the technology team and the values of the business
* Focus on the advantages of working within a team, but also be comfortable with working independently as necessary
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above.
8:30am - 5pm,
Monday - Friday,
37.5hrs per week.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.