£130 - £144 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Academics are now looking for recently qualified Early Career Teachers (ECTs) to teach in our partnership secondary schools in Stoke-on-Trent.
Whether this is a long-term contract or more day-to-day casual cover work, here at Academics we focus your job search around you and look to provide you with the type of work you are looking for. Our full time and part time supply opportunities are great as they allow our teachers to be flexible with the days that they wish to work and ideally, these roles could lead to more long-term and permanent roles in some of our client schools.
As an Early Career Teacher (ECT) you will:
* Soon hold the relevant teaching qualification (PGCE, B. Ed or BA Hons) with a Qualified Teaching Status (QTS).
* Be a confident communicator and motivator in the classroom, with strong knowledge of the UK curriculum.
* Be able to work flexible Monday to Friday. Usual working hours in our schools are between 8.30am-3.30pm.
* Have strong behaviour management skills with the ability to teach across Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4. Teaching to Key Stage 5 additionally would be desirable, but not essential.
* Hold an Enhanced DBS that is currently registered with the Update Service, or you will be prepared to apply for a new Enhanced DBS with ourselves (cost applied).
Academics are a leading national education agency that specialise in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teachers and support staff. As an Academic's ECT you will have a dedicated consultant who will support you with your career and who will give you access to a variety of opportunities, all at great rates of pay.
We are dedicated to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect every candidate to share this commitment. Assignments are subject to safeguarding and child protection screening in line with DfE polices, including right to work, employment references and enhanced DBS checks.
If you are interested in expanding your current teaching experience through supply and you wish to find out more about our September opportunities, you can either email our Resourcer Hannah Roberts directly with any queries prior to your application ( ) or alternatively you can click 'APPLY NOW' below to submit your most up to date CV for immediate review.