£10 per hour
Temporary | Full Time
Competitive Daily Rate (Outside IR35)
Pertemps Dundee are recruiting on behalf of our client, a well know Public Sector organisation, for an experienced User Researcher to take on an immediate 6 month interim assignment.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely for the foreseeable future.
Due to the nature of this role it is required for all candidates to hold a Basic Disclosure Certificate (or higher) issued within the last 12 months.
The main purpose of the role is to inform the design and delivery of digital platforms for both internal staff and external customers. The main outcome of each project and team is to maintain and enhance the existing platforms within the relative domain.
- Involved in ensuring that system touch-points during a users' life-time with Registers of Scotland (RoS) are part of a coherent, consistent experience
- Conducting exploratory user research that will bring out user needs.
- Ensuring that usability research is undertaken frequently, economically with appropriate users and measures as part of the development cycle
- Creating high and low fidelity prototypes based on existing design patterns that bring results from the research to life, complete with customer journeys
- Delivering UX feedback to Agile delivery teams to compliment sprint cycles
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design user focussed and successful services
- Support the UX community and coach or pair with other members of the team
- Build relationships and working effectively with internal staff and external parties, for example legal firms, lenders, citizens, and Scottish Government
- Actively participate in Registers of Scotland's UX Practice, sharing best practice techniques
- Support the UX community in providing cover for teams across domains affected by COVID 19 where it is feasible.
Essential skills & experience
- Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders, and interpret between them.
- Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication
- Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team
- Can produce artefacts to engage teams with the user experience
- Engages in fostering a UX community within RoS
- Able to make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase, building consensus between services or independent stakeholders.
- Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them.
- Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring discussions and decisions are actioned as appropriate.
- Experience off user research and analysis, utilising both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience of producing, running and analysing multiple surveys
- Manages, supports and stretches self and others to deliver agreed goals and objectives
- Keeps focused on the goals that really matter, and takes responsibility for delivering outcomes on time and to a high standard
- Visualising and implementing strategic user-centred design, applying different risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in question, with the ability to apply a digital understanding to their work and to identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
- Experience of delivering first class government services following the Scottish Government Digital First Service Standard
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience of working in a team of UX professionals
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility standards and principles
- Experience of simplifying high volume, complex process flows
- Customer journey mapping
- Creation of design standards and practices
- Axure RP, Sketch, Hotjar, Google Analytics