£9.87 per hour
Admin, Secretarial, PA
Temporary | Full Time
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Midlothian to recruit for a Receptionist on a temporary basis for 6 -8 weeks.
The role is full time at £9.87 per hour. Monday to Friday on a 35 hours per week.
The main duties would be:
- Booking appointments, answering calls, greeting and arriving clients at reception and taking payment
- Sending appointment letter/information packs to new clients. Ensure all case files are available for daily appointments and all relevant documents are attached to the computer record
- Taking messages for veterinary surgeons
- Giving advice to clients on clinic arrangements, cost of treatment and explain protocols governing Hospital's payment policy
- Coordinating allocation of consulting rooms
- General filing, photocopying and scanning for the Client Services Team in two teams
- Maintenance of the computer database to ensure all client and patient records are up to date, also maintain referring client database
- On a daily basis ensure consulting rooms are stocked with forms/paperwork and collect consent forms
- Maintaining stocks of information packs for clients and events
- Assisting with packing and postage of external mailings e.g. client newsletters.
- Some cash handling, taking payments at reception desk
- General security vigilance and reporting any unusual observations to Client Services
- Planning and Organising
- Carrying out daily tasks to the set routine or as directed by Client Care Supervisor
- Giving sufficient notice of any period of absence and be involved in ensuring appropriate cover while absent
- Dealing with any booking difficulties arising from emergency appointments, cancelled clinics etc
- Expected to work without formal direction on a daily basis whilst being given ongoing training and supervision by Client Care Supervisor
- Giving information to clients following protocols and allocating urgent appointments to the appropriate Service in the correct time-frame.
- Referring to Client Care Supervisor complaints which cannot be resolved at initial contact