£11.44 per hour
Admin, Secretarial, PA
Temporary | Full Time
PA (Councillor Support Assistant)
Pertemps Scotland Ltd are delighted to be recruiting for Councillor Support Assistants for our public sector client based in the city centre of Edinburgh.
Pay - £11.44 per hour
36 hours a week Monday - Friday
Currently home working with the possibility of having to return to office working in due course (city centre based)
All applicants must have strong administration experience.
You will be:
- Providing focused, comprehensive and efficient administrative and business support to a Councillor
- Ensuring that the elected member is suitably briefed ahead of all meetings and engagements
- Providing flexible support out with core hours and including weekends
- Providing direct support to the elected member for engagements
- Prioritising and actioning communications and escalating issues that cannot be resolved directly (e.g accessibility)
- Ensuring the effective delivery of outcomes for the councillor in their roles where they represent their constituents and the city
- Providing briefings of reports provided by service areas for consideration by elected member
- Assisting the Councillor in the preparation and content of reports, briefings and presentations for political group meetings
- Operating, organising and storing highly confidential communications in line with policies, confidentially guidance and elected member's statutory responsibilities as data owner
- Attending meetings - compiling agenda, taking notes and progressing these whilst keeping the Councillor informed
- Customer facing and the first point of engagement for enquiries to the Councillor
- Progressing and resolving enquiries wherever possible and escalating where necessary whilst keeping elected member updated
If you have recent, previous experience and are interested in this position, please apply online immediately.